Monday, September 12, 2011

Where's My Peace?

Right now I am really struggling to find peace. This feeling comes in waves and right now I am getting pounded with feelings of worry, anxiety and doubt. I am not sure why my peace flows in and out like the tide. Many weeks I feel strong, capable and full of joy but then the darkness starts to creep in and I feel as if I am being pulled under by the overbearing current.

Last week we met with Gracie's surgeon. We didn't receive any new news. We are still using the brace full-time and waiting for the eight week timeframe to end. Her next appointment is October 4 when we find out if the right hip has fully corrected itself or if additional intervention is needed. If her hip is healed we move to wearing the brace for nights and naps only. If her hip shows improvement we may stick with the brace full-time for a few more months. If things are the same, Grace will likely have another surgery and be in a spica cast for six to 12 weeks.

Grace turns eight months old next week and has been in some type of brace, harness or cast since she was two months old. I want freedom and healing for her. Sometimes I cannot sleep worrying about a lack of healing and what this would mean for our sweet girl.

I know I have asked for a lot of prayer over the last six months but I am asking again. Please pray for Grace's healing, specifically for her right hip to have full healing by the October 4 appointment. And if you can spare a little extra prayer, please pray that I find peace during this time so that I am rested and mentally present as I mother my sweet babies.

Thanks again for the love and support!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're doing well these days and have found some peace in dealing with everything that's going on with little Grace. Our church (Kirby) has been praying for you and sweet Grace. I pray she will be healed soon. Please let me know how the appointment goes October 4th. I know you're worried but God has everything covered. Rest and let Him handle everything. He knows what's best and has a plan for it all. There's nothing we can do to change the outcome. Just do what you can do to make Grace comfortable and be the best Mom you can be like you always are! Leave the rest up to God and the doctors. Love & prayers coming your way. Wish I could be there to go to the doctor with you to give you a little more support. My thoughts will be with you just the same. *Big Hugs*

    ReplyDelete