Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Jack is Three

Last week my sweet baby boy turned three. I have often heard that three is a hard age for parents; "it isn't the terrible twos, it is the terrible threes". Well, I have to disagree. I love Jack at three! He is funny, cute, lovable and sweet. He says precious things like, "Mommy's pretty" and "I love Gracie." He laughs at toots and boogers. He is rambunctious and full of energy.

A few months ago Jack found not one but two imaginary friends. The first one to arrive was DooDoo. Yep, I said DooDoo. I believe this name developed because Jack must have heard the word doodoo somewhere and kept bringing it up in conversation. I would simply say, "What is doodoo?" This went on for a few weeks when all of a sudden Jack began talking about his friend DooDoo. DooDoo comes over to play and Jack has me open the front door to let him in. Interestingly, DooDoo has a little sister too.

Jack's second imaginary friend is Scratchy Monster. He got this one off of a cartoon where the main character had a scratchy monster under his bed. One night Jack magically had Scratchy Monster under his bed too. Now each night Christian has to take Scratchy Monster out of Jack's room and throw him in the garbage. We love to pretend with Jack and even invited Scratchy Monster to breakfast one morning.

Scratchy Monster was in the booster seat

I totally stole this from a friend's blog. Here are a few questions I asked Jack last night in order to record what his little brain is thinking at age three.

Me: What is your favorite color?
Jack: green

Me: What is your favorite food?
Jack: mac-n-cheese

Me: What is your favorite toy?
Jack: fire engine

Me: Who is your best friend?
Jack: I like Isaac but I really like Luna

Me: What is your favorite thing to do?
Jack: I like gymnastics

Me: What do you want to do when you grow up?
Jack: Work with big guys.
Me: Yes, but what do you want to be when you grow up?
Jack: Daddy

Me: What are you most thankful for?
Jack: Daddy

This little question and answer session was a lot fun. I plan to do this every year (until he is old enough to think I am super lame and refuse to participate), and can't wait to compare his answers to previous years.

Jack and Christian making candy cane cookies

Jack is a has a gentle nature and often takes a few minutes to warm up in a new situation. He loves trucks, trains, tractors and cars. Fire engines and rescue ambulances are his current favorites. He is a kind child but also has a stubborn streak and knows how to be sassy (I don't know where that could have come from).


Jack fills our home with giggles and joy and love. We are so excited to watch him grow and learn and be during this year of three.

No comments:

Post a Comment