Thursday, October 17, 2013

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

I don't often post recipes on my blog. Basically, I dislike plagiarism and will not post a recipe unless it was given to me by a friend or family member that I can credit, or if I create a new recipe. 

Last year I decided I wanted to make pumpkin muffins. I tried several recipes and was not satisfied with any of them. After many test batches I finally settled on the perfect pumpkin muffins for my family. These are muffins my children actually eat. I like the healthier ingredients like pumpkin and whole wheat flour balanced with the chocolate chips which entice my children. I also find the mixture of white and whole wheat flour creates a softer texture than just whole wheat flour alone. 




Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.

Use two bowls. In the first bowl, mix both types of flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In the second bowl, mix eggs, milk, sugar, oil, vanilla and pumpkin. After mixing each thoroughly, combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips. 

Pour the batter into the 12 cup muffin pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes remove the muffins from pan onto a rack to finish cooling. 

Enjoy! 

I hope your family will enjoy this yummy fall treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment