Friday, April 26, 2013

The Star Wars Obsessed

I am not sure how it happened but over the last six months Jack went from adoring Lightening McQueen and Thomas the Train to idolizing superheroes and Star Wars. Will someone please stop the clock? Time is moving way too fast y'all.

When did this baby


turn into this little boy?


Summer is quickly approaching, well except for all of the snow, but either way school will be out soon. Although Jack only attends preschool two mornings a week, I am very excited to have him home for the summer. Lord help me when he leaves for college.


But anyway, this post is about a little boy's obsession with Star Wars, not a momma trying desperately to pause time and snuggle her growing babies.

Jack's interest started when he discovered four little Star Wars holiday ornaments in my Christmas bin. I wasn't even going to put them on the tree but sweet Jack was so darn excited that I let him hang them.


After that Jack saw his older cousins with Star Wars legos and the rest is history. He was in love. Now, I am weird about television with my kids. I don't let them see the news or adult shows at all. Sports is the only grown-up thing I will have on while they are awake. And even then I have Christian change questionable commercials.

Needless to say, I was delighted when Christian saved two Lego Star Wars movies on the DVR. Jack could watch Star Wars without actually watching Star Wars. A win for all.


My mom sent Jack money for Easter and while usually I put any money presents straight into the kids' savings account, this time I allowed Jack to shop for a toy. He bought his first Star Wars set.


Jack was in heaven. But he was not prepared for the next big Star Wars adventure. Christian showed Jack his Star Wars toys that had been stashed in the basement this entire time. Jack lost his mind. Daddy played Star Wars when he was a little boy. What is more awesome than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment