Monday, June 6, 2011

Grace's Sweet Smile



I need to blog about Jack. I am working on one all about my sweet boy, his love of trucks and his super funny personality. But I really just want to talk about Grace. Maybe it is because she is newer or maybe she just has more stuff going on right now. I have talked a lot about Grace's surgery and hip dysplasia but not very much about HER as a person.

This girl is just amazing. I know she is only 4 and 1/2 months old but really she just seems older to me. I feel like I have known her forever. She is an old soul and seems to have so much wisdom although she can't even talk. No, I am not crazy. She really has a peace about her that makes me more peaceful. She makes me want to be a better person.

Grace loves kisses. We do this sweet thing where I pretend to smell her armpits and say shoo-wee and she giggles. Her little armpits are so ticklish and the whole gig really entertains me. Even in her cast she smiles and laughs and is a pretty chilled out baby. She really only cries when she has gas (which who can blame her), needs a diaper change, wakes up alone in her room or is overtired. Otherwise she just kind of hangs out and watches the rest of us like she is just happy being a part of the party.


Grace is focusing on her fine motor skills recently and loves playing with her toys. We even bought a special spica cast chair/table that allows her to sit up and play. She loves sitting and playing. She especially loves it when Jack comes over to play with her. I think having a big brother is going to make her tough which is always a good quality in a girl.


I think Grace may be more Christian's child in the same way Jack is more mine. Jack has always been a little ornery and sassy although he has a sweet and empathic nature. Grace on the other hand is more laid back. She doesn't sweat the small stuff. She just has Christian's nature. I can tell this already and boy am I thankful. I don't think we could take three people with my personality in this house.



I may be wrong about Grace. It is hard to tell at this age. But I bet I am right. I know these babies better than anyone and love them to pieces.

This Friday Grace goes back to the doctor for a x-ray. If all is well we wait another three weeks until her next surgery and cast change. Our prayer is her hips will still be in the correct position and healing. If not, I think they will pull her out of the cast and we will have to start all over. This would not be good. Please pray that our sweet girl is healing.


I love these babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment