Saturday, January 4, 2014

Jack Turned Five!

Sweet Jack turned five the day after Christmas. My how the time has flown. And yet, I don't even recognize the girl I was before I became a mother. Only five years but I feel like a different human being.

Jack at five is fun, adventurous and whiny. Will the whining ever stop or does it just become attitude as kids grow older? I am happy to say that he is almost always a well behaved kid with others.

This year Jack learned to ride a peddle bike. He also decided that his team is the Denver Broncos (and here we thought we were raising the kid right). He is learning to swim and went down the big slide at the pool for the first time. He also earned 865 superhero training points on all of his little guy adventures.

He is an amazing big brother. While he and Gracie can sure tussle, they love each other fiercely. The best complement to my mothering I have ever gotten is when his preschool teacher commented that my kids are always so affection with each other.


Jack adores his dad and loves to do "man work" with Christian. He and Christian go on bike rides and cut grass and kick the soccer ball. They are two peas in a pod and I couldn't be happier with their close relationship.

My favorite routine with Jack (which sometimes does make me want to pull my hair out) is bedtime. I lay down beside him and we talk about his day and what he is thinking about. Tonight he told me about the special golf tee he keeps in his bedside table. "It was the one I hit my first ball off of. Daddy gave it to me."

I love my boy. He is just precious. The way he sees the world and interacts with others is fascinating. Well, maybe not to the rest of you but to me who grew him in my body and watched him grow from a tiny helpless newborn to a kid, it is fascinating to see his personality develop.


As always, I asked Jack a few questions.

What is your favorite color?
all the colors

What is your favorite food?
ravioli with cream sauce

What is your favorite toy?
working trucks

Who is your best friend?
Wynn and Libby

What is your favorite activity?
swimming

What is your favorite game to play?
Uno

What do you want to do when you grow up?
the kind of work Daddy does, an engineer

What are you most thankful for?
my mom, my dad, and Grace

What is the best thing that happened this year?
the Disney World trip

What do you like about being five?
running faster

Happy Birthday sweet Jack! We love you dearly and are so proud to have you in our family.







1 comment:

  1. Hi April,
    I can't believe Jack is 5!
    Such cute pictures.
    I enjoy your blog.
    Best regards, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete