Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Worst Case Scenario

This morning I woke up thinking the worst case scenario at today's doctor appointment with Grace would be 12 weeks in a body cast. Well, this afternoon our reality is that is now the best case scenario.

Sometime in the next week or so Grace will go into surgery. Depending on what the doctor sees she will either come out with a cast on (best case) or she will be woken up and we will wait 6 weeks or so until she grows a bit more and she will have a more serious surgery and then be placed in a cast for 12 weeks. Either way she will spend at least 3 months in a body case.

The good news is we have a week off with no braces. I can snuggle with Grace and bath her as often as I like. We are focusing on resting and enjoying our time together before this next hard part begins. I will add more details and thoughts later. For now, I am just trying to get my head up for some air.

No comments:

Post a Comment